Content is king when it comes to online marketing. Content helps position your company as an industry leader but it also entertains, informs and engages with your target audience to eventually convert prospects to customers.
So how do you create content? I’ve got great news for you – you don’t have to create all the content yourself. You can find and share great content you find online. This is called Content Curation.
Finding (curating) information (content) that is relevant to your audience from different sources and sharing them on your communication channels – social media, emails, etc. it’s a great timesaver because rather than spending hours creating content from scratch you can find relevant content and easily share with your audience. (Don’t forget to give credit back to the source!)
We know what you’re asking – how are you supposed to keep up with all the various social media networks, medias, emails, RSS feeds, blogs, and infographics circling the Internet to fish out the ones you need?
This is where our seven secret content curating tools come in.
Sites and apps like the ones below can help you target the content you want to position you as an expert in your industry. Here are just some of our favorites:
- Buffer: look up content and easily schedule on your social profiles – it even tells you which links are popular!
- Pocket (for mobile): keep all your images, articles and videos in one neat and organized place for reference. You can even group articles by tagging them
- Google Alerts: puts articles right in your inbox with content you selected through keywords
- Feedly: helps you to curate blog content that can be used as resources for future posts or give you great ideas for upcoming content
- Scoop it!: allows you to curate content AND connects you with other content curators to help you gain valuable insight in various fields
- Flipboard: discover stories and articles you’re interested in sharing – flipboard even gives you access to the world’s most respected publishers
- Newsletters (for your industry): a great way to see what’s trending in your industry by receiving these daily or weekly reminders.
We hope these tools help you as much as they’ve helped us! If you need a little help with content, give us a ring at 305.507.7199 or just shoot us a message firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Sandi Abbott is a professional marketer with more than twenty years experience in advertising and marketing. As principal of Xpresso Content Cafe, she helps small businesses increase sales and referrals through interactive digital marketing campaigns. Sign up to receive her monthly digital marketing tips in your inbox. Follow her on Twitter: @xpressocc