If you want your content marketing to be effective, you have to have a plan, Stan. And we want to help you with that! So in the infographic below you’ll find eight engaging content ideas for September that you can use in your email and social media marketing.
So what’s going on in September?
The main theme of the month for many will be getting Back to Business. August was all about going “Back to School.” That means that many of your fans, subscribers and customers will be getting back to their usual routines in September.
Here are some ways you can make the most of getting Back to Business
- Create a special offer or promotion that helps your customers get back into the swing of things.
- Develop educational content around your area of expertise to help them get back on track. This material can be presented as an email newsletter, blog post, workshop or webinar.
- Host a networking event welcoming everyone back to business as usual.
- Get the word out about your Back to Business activities by sending an email to your customers and posting on your social sites.
Celebrate Labor Day with a great promotion
Chances are, many will have that day off and are looking for some sales to take advantage of. If your target audience is other businesses, offer a special package or service that helps them take the load off.
We also found some pretty interesting days that you can use to create content that showcases your brand.
Read a Book Day, September 6
You and your staff can share your favorite books on Read a Book Day. Don’t have books to recommend? Ask your followers to recommend one to you! Or post an infographic on recommended books. Here are four great ones you can share:
- 24 Books to Read Under an Hour
- Best Books of the 21st Century
- Top Ten Most Read Books in the World
- 34 Compelling First Lines of Famous Books
You can also create your own infographic using Piktochart.
Comic Book Day, September 25
Wouldn’t it be great to create your own comic book or strip? Your brand will play the role of superhero, of course! Pixton is a great comic book creation tool you can use. Have some fun with it!
We hope these ideas help you plan for September. For more ideas and tips, check out the infographic below.
Want more tips to caffeinate your content? Sign up to receive our newsletter!
About the Author
Sandi Abbott is a professional marketer with more than twenty years experience in advertising and marketing. As principal of Xpresso Content Cafe, she helps small businesses increase sales and referrals through interactive digital marketing campaigns. Sign up to receive her monthly digital marketing tips in your inbox. Follow her on Twitter: @xpressocc